RE: [avr-gcc-list] cbi/sbi

From: Trampas
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] cbi/sbi
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 06:43:26 -0400

I always try to wrap compiler specific stuff with macros like:

#define bit_clear(x,y) x&= ~(1<<y) //cbi(x,y)
#define bit_set(x,y)   x|= (1<<y)//sbi(x,y)

Thus when cbi and sbi was removed I just changed code to above and now the
compiler is smart enough to replace the code with sbi and cbi where
appropriate. This way is much better as I do not have to know when sbi and
cbi will work that is the bit_clear and bit_set macros always work.

Regards,
Trampas Stern