Re: [avr-gcc-list] setting up the compiler ?

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] setting up the compiler ?
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 07:28:03 -0600

Trampas wrote:

AJ,

You are not alone, I have been trying to set up GCC 4.0.1 with Cygwin and
having a hard time figuring it out.
Makes me appreciate what the guys have done for WinAVR that much more!
Thanks Guys!
I wish there was a class or something to take for getting started. I would
love to help the WinAVR releases more closely follow the GCC improvements.
Thanks for the offer, but in this particular case, you really don't want to use GCC 4.0.1 quite yet. IIRC, there are still some issues for the AVR port, plus general GCC issues in 4.0.x that all needs to be ironed out before using the "bleeding edge".

The next release of WinAVR will be using GCC 3.4.4.

Eric