Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to compile uIP codes using avr-gcc

From: Andrew M. Cullen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to compile uIP codes using avr-gcc
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 08:02:33 -0400

Huh? The 8535 doesn't have an external SRAM interface and even if it did,
you need more FLASH, not RAM. Well, you need more of both really. Tell your
professor to shell-out some more money for your project and move to
something like the ATMega16, or better yet, ATmega32. You really want to
have at least 1.4kB SRAM for the IP buffer to deal with brain-dead
networking equipment that won't respect small MTU sizes.

Your easiest path is to use Louis Beaudoin's uIP port found at
http://www.laskater.com/projects/uipAVR.htm .

This compiles with WinAVR right out of the box and will give you a simple
application to play with. The port is based on a slightly older version of
uIP but works for most TCP applications.

Good Luck!

Andrew

----- Original Message ----- From: "suzet war" <address@hidden>