[avr-gcc-list] avrdude problem on win XP - O.T.

From: Werner Joss
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] avrdude problem on win XP - O.T.
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 20:18:00 +0200

hello all,
sorry for this offtopic post, but I couldn't find any hint on this elsewhere,
so I just try here as I know there are avrdude-experts on this list :)
my problem is that I cannot program my avr-butterfly via serial line with
avrdude (4.4.0+5.0beta) in win XP.
the error I get can be seen in the attached screenshot (sorry again for
sending attachments).
and, yes, the hardware is ok, as all works well in linux.
I just need to get it also work in XP because my friends have no linux and
they want to be able to update their bfly's with my latest software on their
own.
any hints are highly appreceated.
thanks.
werner