Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to suppres trigraph warning messages?

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to suppres trigraph warning messages?
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:33:47 -0400

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:48:51 -0700, Dave Hylands <address@hidden> wrote:

If you don't find a compiler option, you could reformat your source code:

char date[] = "??" "/??" "/??";

which will compile to the same thing but has no tri-graphs.

Digging into this I found that according to the GCC documentation
the trigraph warning is included as part of -Wall.

I removed -Wall and still get the tri-graph warning. :-(
Seems compiler has not read the docs.

"-Wall: Requests -Wcomment, -Wtrigraphs, and -Wwhite-space (but not -Wtraditional or -Wundef)."

Also found that '-Wwhite-space' gives "Unknown Option" when I
tried to reconstruct -Wall without -Wtrigraphs.

I went with Alan's hard on the eyes version (was easier to do with search&replace), all compiles cleanly now:

Makes me wonder that my first escape attempt would really generate?

 Thank you.