[avr-gcc-list] avr-libc and version info macro

From: Henrik Maier
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] avr-libc and version info macro
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:45:34 +1000

avr-libc is steadily improving. In the past some features where not available (like EEPROM support for AT90CAN128) or some API functions have changed. I am missing a method to check during compile time against a particular version of avr-libc.
Something like #if __AVRLIBC_VER__ >= 125 /*Has EEPROM for AT90CAN128*/
would be useful.

I have seen a __AVRLIBC__ macro in the configure script but it doesn't seem to be inserted in any of the header files. It also does not contain the build("5") number only major("1") and minor("2").

Henrik
--
proconX - Protocol Converter, Device Server and Industrial Gateways
http://www.proconx.com