Re: [avr-gcc-list] SIGNAL or INTERRUPT ?!

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] SIGNAL or INTERRUPT ?!
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 19:14:55 +0200

> INTERRUPT re-enable the interrupts of the AVR, before to run you
> service routine.
>
> SIGNAL run your service routine with interrupts disabled, no new event
> can reenter your code before the service routine as finished.
>
> Probably you should use SIGNAL.

Thanks chaps, it's very clear.

SIGNAL for general purpose cases, and INTERRUPT when I really need it
and pay triple attention to what I am doing ;-)

I apologize if this way indeed in the PDF, but I really can't see it.
The footers are date August, 1st.

On an unrelated note, what's wrong with the list server ? I keep
receiving some messages direct to me, some are CC'ed to both me and the
list hence duplicate and keep having to delete them, others arrive
direct to me with the list in the 'CC' field, so I delete them, waiting
for the other copy to appear on the list, but sometimes they never
actually show up on the list and I must dig out the first message from
the trash to reply to it ! Same problem with the avr-chat list... it's a
huge mess in my mail client... ;-/

Regards,

--
Vince