Re: [avr-gcc-list] Global variables and ISRs ???

From: Lars Noschinski
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Global variables and ISRs ???
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 11:42:27 +0200

* Vincent Trouilliez <address@hidden> [2005-09-07 11:32]:
Oh, that's interesting... because as soon as I compile my small
programs, I rush to check to have a look at the assembler output, to get
the hang of things, and am often very confused by the way the compile
does things, it's often very obscure !
So far I have noticed a few recurrent things...

I guess, it's easier for the compiler to do things in a consistent way.

- everytime I test if a variable is zero or not, it AND's it with
itself... instead of just using the dedicated 'TST' instruction.

"TST r" is an pseudo instruction and has the same opcode like an "AND
r,r".