Re: [avr-gcc-list] Debug with AVRStudio4?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Debug with AVRStudio4?
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 13:02:41 +0200 (MET DST)

Torleif Sandnes <address@hidden> wrote:

> Your problem may be that you are compiling with optimization on.
> Try to use -O0 instead of -Os, -O1 or whatever you are using.

But of course, he'll debug an entirely different program then.

My own experience says that it's best to get used to the artefacts
caused by debugging optimized code, as a good number of programming
errors will only be found once the optimizer is turned on (as the
compiler will then aggressively impose all its rules onto the source
program).