Re: [avr-gcc-list] Code version timestamp

From: Ben L. Titzer
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Code version timestamp
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 11:00:13 -0700

For my project, I made a "commit.bash" shell script that I run when I want to commit code to CVS when it is working. It automatically recompiles the whole code base (to guarantee there are no compile errors), runs a suite of automated test cases, and then increments a "commit number" in one of the source files. Then, it commits everything to cvs, including the source file with the version number. Thus, the version file contains a version for the whole project, and the script has the side-benefit of catching any compile errors or test failures before i commit to CVS.

Hope this helps,
-B