Re: [avr-gcc-list] Syntax : how to specifiy a binary constant ?

From: Kitts
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Syntax : how to specifiy a binary constant ?
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:01:29 +0530

On Friday 23 Sep 2005 7:24 am IST, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:

VT> > One can use binary values in AVR GCC 3.4.3.
VT> > In fact I had used the same in some of my projects
VT> > and I am not able to make a guess on why you are
VT> >  getting an error.
VT>
VT> So the patch is already in 3.4.3 ? So I should have it then !!
VT> GRRRR !!!! :-/
VT> MAybe the debian package is faulty in some way (just like it appears nt
VT> to have the "gdwarf-2" or something, option enabled !
VT> I will try removing the package, and compiling it from source.

You are right. the debian packages do not contain these patches. They are
not patched to generate the COFF debug patch either.

I recently built myselt the tool chain of avr-gcc, avr-libc, avr-binutils
and avrdude. I have generated .deb packages that i can share with you.
These should support binary constants and COFF debug info.
--
Cheers!
Kitts