RE: [avr-gcc-list] calling function pointers via pointers ?

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] calling function pointers via pointers ?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 07:30:34 +0200

> Thanks chaps, it's a no-no then. I will just move the strings out of the
> structure, or make them fixed size, by setting a limit to the number of
> items/options I can have in a menu.

Replying to my post but, since my struct has two arrays, one of strings
and one of pointers, and one of them MUST be fixed size in order to
compile, then it would be much better to keep the size of the array of
strings unspecified, and make the pointer array fixed size. This way,
for every unused menu "slot"/entry, I waste only 2 bytes (pointer
size ?) of ROM instead of a full string of 21 bytes.. 10+ times more
efficient ! :o)))
Hmmm, there is no fatality then, where there is a will, there is a way
lol ! ;o)

--
Vince