Re: AW: [avr-gcc-list] CVS or SVN ?!

From: Wolfgang Wegner
Subject: Re: AW: [avr-gcc-list] CVS or SVN ?!
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:58:46 +0100

Hi,
On 30 Sep 2005 at 13:04, Haase Bjoern (PT-BEU/EMT) * wrote:
> Subversion seems to be better mainly for *really* large projects since it
> seems to be more powerfull and more efficient when dealing with huge
> repositories.

this may be true, too - but as others already said, SVN also has more
possibilities than CVS and cleans up some of the ambiguities and
disabilities of CVS. (i.e. renaming or removing files and
directories) So I would not say it is only for large projects.

For me, this was one of the main reasons to use SVN, and I never
regretted it.

Regards,
Wolfgang

(also using TortoiseSVN because of being stuck with windows at work)