Re: [avr-gcc-list] saving and restoring context

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] saving and restoring context
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 21:20:45 +0100 (MET)

"juan antonio jimenez martinez" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi, Im writing a couple of functions in assembler for the ATMEGA8,
> and I store the value of the registers that Im using in the stack,
> but when I get in to the assembler output generated by winavr,
> apears at the begining of the fuction another context saving of
> extra registers, is there a way to skip this and do it by my self??

If you want to write entire functions in assembly, better use a
separate assembly source file for them rather than hacking up inline
asm stuff.  The inline asm will eventually look rather scary, and as
you can see, you have to play by the rules of the compiler (as it's
the compiler that controls variable allocation etc. still), lest
you'll run into trouble.