Re: [avr-gcc-list] ld: crts8515.o: No such file; with avr-gcc under Linu

From: Günter Dannoritzer
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] ld: crts8515.o: No such file; with avr-gcc under Linux
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 00:44:12 +0100

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
Günter Dannoritzer <address@hidden> wrote:

Not sure whether it was the additional switch --program-prefix that
was not shown in the installation instructions ...

That option is normally not needed.  It defaults to ${prefix}/bin,
for whatever prefix you gave with --prefix.

Well, I cleaned up everything again and installed again from scratch following the instructions on the avr libc page and I ran in the same error message from the linker.

Cleaning up again and following Uwe's wiki instructions worked again. I did though vary them this time, just added the --width-dwarf2 option to the gcc configuration.

I should have also tried without the -program-prefix option. Anyhow, another difference I noticed is that for the libc configuration no --prefix is given on the avr libc page. Is that a possible difference?

Cheers,

Guenter