Re: FW: RE: [avr-gcc-list] How does one get gcc *.lst file with interspe

From: Dave Hylands
Subject: Re: FW: RE: [avr-gcc-list] How does one get gcc *.lst file with interspersedSource Listing and Assembler?
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 07:14:30 -0800

Hi Nigel,

> > This should work for you:
> >
> > avr-gcc -c -gstabs -Wa,-ahlmsd=file.lst file.c
>
> Take note, the original post showed a i386 dissassembly, Patrick O'Sullivan
> isn't using avr-gcc.

That's the beauty of gcc. The exact same command (minus the avr-
prefix) also works with the intel flavour of gcc. My experience is
that -gstabs works on more platforms that just -g (i.e. -g by itself
doesn't work on the AVR for doing the above interlisting).

The d option in the -Wa,-ahldms=... casues the debug information to be
removed from the interlisting output.

--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada