Re: [avr-gcc-list] Hardware-Software Co-Simulation with the AVR in VHDL

From: Mike S.
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Hardware-Software Co-Simulation with the AVR in VHDL
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 18:07:44 +0000

Imagine an AVR simulator like AVR Studio with schematic capture
capabilities that allows to connect the AVR to an external device
described in VHDL (made by me). It could have external stimulus, or
RS232 console simulation, etc. These are my needs!
This way, I could debug the VHDL code (it would have access to
internal states) and the AVR software and the AVR-VHDL Device
Interface.
It would save a lot of time comparing to the debug process in the real hardware.

Bruno