[avr-gcc-list] In-Circuit debugging ATmega8515

From: Günter Dannoritzer
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] In-Circuit debugging ATmega8515
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 17:03:48 +0100

Hi,

I need to debug some code on an ATmega8515 and would like to use an
in-circuit debugger. Preferable using the tool in connection with a
Windows PC.

I came across the avrmon-stk200:

   http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~torhr/avrmon-stk200/

Has anybody experience with this monitor?

Would that work with the current WinAVR or do I need to compile the
tools under cygwin to use this monitor in connection with GDB?

Now in the explanation it says to use the STK200 ISP. I found a
schematic on this page:

http://www.fh-augsburg.de/~hhoegl/doc/avrquick/node32.html

So I guess I can build that one and use it as programmer and debugger
with WinAVR?

At the moment I am using AVRISP as programmer. Is there any in-circuit
debug support for the AVRISP as well?

Thanks for the help.

Guenter