Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc toolchain on linux

From: Günter Dannoritzer
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc toolchain on linux
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 01:39:50 +0100

On 02.02.2006 22:28, Jan Johansson wrote:
 > So, what i wonder is if the relevant parts of WinAVR is ready
> to be compiled etc and used on linux. And if so, where can
> I get hold of it?

Have a look at this page:

http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/install_tools.html

It explains how to install the tool chain.

You won't get everything as with WinAVR, like the GUI. But you will have
a newer avr-libc :)

There is one thing to note with that explanation. I did the installation
a few months ago and just typed the commands as given in the text boxes
on that page. With the avr-libc during the configuration step the
--prefix option is missing. Even though it is noted below that box, I
think it is inconsistent, as it is given everywhere else.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Guenter