Re: [avr-gcc-list] execution time on avr butterfly?

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] execution time on avr butterfly?
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 08:53:40 +0100

> Hello,
>
> I'm writing a C program that will run on AVR
> butterfly. I'd like to know how I can measure
> execution time of my program. Could you please help me
> with this? Thank you very much.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave

Often the best way to measure execution time in embedded systems is to set a
pin high when you start the relevant code, and low at the end, and connect
an oscilliscope probe to the pin.  This can be good for checking interrupt
routine execution times too, especially if you've got a scope with nice
triggering capabilities (trigger on a pulse longer than a given time, for
example).

mvh.,

David