Re: [avr-gcc-list] 'MOVW' instruction in new ATtiny.

From: Anatoly Sokolov
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] 'MOVW' instruction in new ATtiny.
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 20:20:19 +0300

Hello.

> Whether you plan to add an __AVR_HAVE_LPMX__ ?

I plan to add 'avr55' architecture for ATmega128(x) devices, for which
__AVR_HAVE_ELPM__ is defined.

It will allow to solve a following problem:
Some functions from 'fplib', for example ' fp_powerseries', always use LPM
the instruction of access to constants in program memory. (It is supposed
that constants are located in bottom 64K). For ATmega128 (x) devices there
will be a error if in the application there will be many constants in
program memory and constants from 'fplib' will be placed in bottom 64K.

> One suggestion about 'macros.inc': define __AVR_HAVE_MOVW__
> as `1' (not as an empty string).  All predefined macroses are

It agree with you.

Thanks.
Anatoly.