Re: [avr-gcc-list] Bad code generated when using volatile keyword/-O0 op

From: Rick Mann
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Bad code generated when using volatile keyword/-O0 opt?
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 01:54:22 -0800

On Feb 13, 2006, at 1:13 AM, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

Both delay loops look exactly the same, and I couldn't see why they
would not terminate.

Turns out it was being in '103 compat mode. Who knows what strange things were happening.

Of course, for a real delay loop, I'd rather recommend you to use the
functions from <util/delay.h>.

Yeah, this was strictly temporary code to test a few ideas. But thanks for pointing that out!

--
Rick