[avr-gcc-list] Fuses through programmer or through code?

From: Micah Carrick
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Fuses through programmer or through code?
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 11:16:25 -0800

Hey,

I'm moving from PICs to AVRs, and I'm not by any means a pro at PICs. I'm writing code for gcc to compile on an ATMega8. I'm reading through the datasheet for this chip, and I see that selecting a clock source is done with a configuration fuse. I understand that this fuse can be programmed using the programmer, however, I was wondering if it could also be done through code--that is, have the source code specify the fuses, not the programmer.

Cheers,
- Micah