RE: [avr-gcc-list] Re: ATmega168 FreeRTOS code

From: Vedantam Prasanth-AVP035
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Re: ATmega168 FreeRTOS code
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 18:42:18 +0800

We have been facing a random problem where data sent to the ATMega128 on one of
the UARTs (UART1 multiplexed on ports PD2 and PD3) gets corrupted. We have
verified that the data being transmitted on the line by the sending device is
correct (we can see this on a console terminal) so it is clear that the
corruption is happening within the  ATMega. We also read the ATMega UART
registers and figured out that Frame Errors were occuring. The baud rate was
38400. We brought it down to 9600 but the problem still persists. One of the
suspects is the clock stability; we are using the internal RC oscillator of the
 ATMega.

Have UART data corruption issues been seen when using the internal oscillator?
At what baud rates?

We have Atmel's application  notes for calibration of the internal RC
oscillator but we need some time to try that out.

Has anyone tried out calibrating the internal RC oscillator ? If so, any tips ?

Operating conditions: 3.3V 25C internal RC oscillator.

Rgds,
-Ved