Re: [avr-gcc-list] int32_t Support

From: Colin Paul Gloster
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] int32_t Support
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:58:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, User Tomdean wrote:

"I need to use int32_t and do left and right shifts on them.  I
sometimes see strange values.  In trying to isolate this, I see
wrapping at 16 bits.

Is support for int32_t implemented?

[..]

From a dump of the code below, idx seems to be 32 bits.  However, the
calls to __divmodsi4 seem to make this an int16_t.  Is this true?

[..]"

I do not know whether int32_t is really implemented. About a year ago I had declared some uint32_t values and I had not noticed any problems with them which I can remember, but most of them were const and I was not doing much with them. At about the same time I had a small AVR-Ada program which had
type One_Of_My_Types is range 0 .. (2**(6*8))-1;
and also the type Interfaces.Unsigned_64 supplied by the compiler, and I was happy with them: I did check that they worked properly in that program, but maybe it would be possible to find some circumstance in which avr-gcc would inappropriately cast in an Ada program which you seem to have found can happen for a C program, but I am unaware of this happening with avr-gcc for Ada.

Regards,
Colin Paul Gloster