RE: [avr-gcc-list] linking bootloader and main application at once

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] linking bootloader and main application at once
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:35:18 -0600

The short answer is that you don't.

In the AVR, the interrupt vector table (IVT) can either be at the beginning
of memory, OR at the beginning of the bootloader section. You cannot have
two IVTs, hence you cannot have two separate groups of .vector sections. The
same goes with the startup code: you cannot have two separate sections of
startup code, hence no two groups of .init<x> sections.

You will have to redesign you application and bootloader to take this into
account.

Eric Weddington