Re: [avr-gcc-list] Patching EEPROM image for production

From: dimax un
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Patching EEPROM image for production
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 15:24:43 -0700

Is the location in eeprom fixed between releases of the
code (usually true for firmware upgrade purposes..) ?

Not sure. It can change. That's why I'm trying to generate INI file
with EEPROM layout

If so, I split the problem into two pieces - programming the
invariant parts, and then programming the serialisation. I then
have two makefile targets, one for each. The serialisation target
can do lots of different things, like get the next serial number from
a mysql database, update manufacturing records etc etc. For a
simple case where I can write all of eeprom, I just use a perl script
along the lines of:

I do not want to run make if I need to generate new Hex file

Does this help at all ?
What you are trying to do is totally reasonable, and easily accomplished.
--
Andy

Yes a lot. I mean really it helped at least to see that I'm not
inventing the wheel.