Re: [avr-gcc-list] quality of gcc-4.1 vs 4.2

From: Rolf Ebert
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] quality of gcc-4.1 vs 4.2
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 12:55:05 +0100

Joerg Wunsch schrieb:
Rolf Ebert <address@hidden> wrote:

As one of the maintainers of AVR-Ada I am having difficulties
building a correctly working Ada compiler based on gcc-4.1.

That's a bit surprising.

The problems are with the corresponding Ada tools, not with the compiler per se. And that is not very surprising as there was quite low attention on the Ada part during the last year of gcc development.

> AVR-GCC 4.1.x is now getting deployed in the
field (and will certainly be much more once the next WinAVR ships),

That's the point. Eric and I intended to include AVR-Ada in the next WinAVR release. That won't be possible if I don't manage to build a fully functioning Ada compiler with the necessary tool set on Windows.

I don't have any experience with the upcoming 4.2 version though.

Does anybode else?

    Rolf