Re: [avr-gcc-list] AT90USBKey

From: Henrik Brix Andersen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AT90USBKey
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:18:10 +0100

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 11:01:40AM +0100, Jkx wrote:
> I'm just wondering how to programm this with the toolchain.
>
> Does GCC support this chip?

Yes, there are patches to the toolchain for AT90USB support.

> And what can I use to flash the device (throught USB)

I'm currently working on a patch for avrdude to add support for the
Atmel USB DFU bootloader found in the AT90USB series, I hope to have
it ready in a few weeks - which reminds me: I currentl only have
AT90USB1287 devices to test with. I have requested samples of the
AT90USB647 from atmel.com, but I have yet to get a reply from them. If
anybody can donate me a couple of AT90USB647 chips for testing, I'd be
very grateful.

For now, there's a project called dfu-programmer which should work,
although I haven't tried it: http://dfu-programmer.sourceforge.net/

Regards,
Brix
--