Re: [avr-gcc-list] Avr-gcc versions comparison.

From: Dmitry K.
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Avr-gcc versions comparison.
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:47:58 +1000

On Thursday 22 February 2007 04:37, Bruce D. Lightner wrote:
> Dmitry K. wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I have compile CVS version avr-libc (2007-02-20)
> > with for different compilers.
> > Results are below.
[...]
> I assume that the "Flash" and "Stack" values are in bytes.  What are the
> "Time" units?  Are these processor clocks?  And, was this simulated
> execution?

Yes, flash and stack are in bytes. `Time' is a number of
CPU clocks. It is calculated by simulating (simulavr).

This numbers include all modules which are concatinated
for tested function. As a rule they are an asm writen
modules, so it is no matter for comparison puprose.

Size and time do not include a ones needed to prepare
the function args.

It is amusing, that here there is no opposition of the
size and speed: practically everywhere reduction of
the size is accompanied by acceleration of performance.

Dmitry.