Re: [avr-gcc-list] C and AS programs - compiled together

From: Grzegorz !Kubik
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] C and AS programs - compiled together
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 01:26:34 +0100

>> I would like to align 256B buffer at the RAM address 0xXX00 - to use
>> 8-bit buffer pointers.
>
> Well, IMHO there's an .align pseudo-op.  This is potentially wasting
> up to 255 bytes of RAM then.

Agree. But my task is to reuse existing assembler program (that has 8-bit pointers for simplicity and speed), so waisting some RAM is acceptable.

.align is from assembler side. C declarations look more convenient for me. But I found in:
that: "...for example, the usage of `aligned' and `noreturn' attributes given above is not yet supported"
What is and what is not supported?
Anyway, reading linker manual may be necessary ;-(
I would prefer simple example of aligning 256B buffer to 0xXX00 address in RAM...