[avr-gcc-list] Option to remove unused trampoline space gives bad link

From: Stu Bell
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Option to remove unused trampoline space gives bad link
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:36:05 -0600

Hi all,

I tried the option that Björn gave to remove unused trampoline space.  The result seems to be a bad link.

Using the standard Mfile template, I added…

# Tell linker to free uneeded trampoline space

LDFLAGS += -Wl,--relax

The linker seems to be happy, but some of the calls are pointing into totally wrong areas of code.

If I remove the option, the resulting code works properly.

I can generate more information for you as soon as I know what you would need.

Best regards,

Stu Bell
Senior Software Engineer
DPHI, Inc. (DataPlay)