Re: [avr-gcc-list] Avarice (CVS) USB problems under Linux

From: Gerard Marull Paretas
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Avarice (CVS) USB problems under Linux
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 00:38:29 +0200

> Note that this grants any rights to everyone for every USB device on
your system.  Not sure this is what you intended -- think of devices
like USB disk drives.

Yes, I noticed from that, but by now it's the only usb device connected. But yes, I should make this rule specific to jtagice since it will give permissions even for usb storage devices when they're connected.

>What version of automake is that?

Version is 1.7.9. I've seen that in automake website version 1.9.6 is available, I should update... However in the INSTALL-FROM-CVS file is said that a version of 1.7 or greater is valid.

Gerard.