RE: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc compilation problem

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc compilation problem
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:30:50 -0600

As that bug report shows, building GCC in its source directory is
*unsupported*. You can see this in your configure command line like so:

./configure --target=avr --program-prefix=avr- --enable-languages=c
--disable-libssp

Note that configure is being executed in the same directory as where it is
located, i.e. you are building in the source directory. Don't do this.
Create a separate build directory outside of the source tree and configure
and build in that directory:

../<sourcedir>/configure --target=avr --enable-languages=c --disable-libssp

Note that you should not need to include --program-prefix=avr-.

Please follow the build instructions found in the avr-libc user manual,
which can also be found online.

Eric Weddington