Re: [avr-gcc-list] stumped by my ATmega48 (again)

From: Blake Leverett
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] stumped by my ATmega48 (again)
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 08:32:54 -0600

On Friday 05 October 2007, address@hidden wrote:
> On Oct 05, 2007, at 11:41 UTC, Blake Leverett wrote:
> > What version of GCC are you using?  Where did it come from?  And was
> > the  toolchain compiled with the latest patches?
>
> avr-gcc --version returns "avr-gcc (GCC) 4.1.1".
>
> I got it from <http://sourceforge.net/projects/osxavr/> a few months
> ago.  Haven't a clue what patches it was compiled with.

See this webpage:
http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/install_tools.html

You can follow the instructions to build your own toolchain, or at least make
sure that whoever packaged your toolchain included the proper patches.

Don't be afraid of compiling this yourself.  The webpage instructions are
pretty clear and simple.

> > Also, you could create a listing file to see what the compiler is
> > doing.
>
> How would I do that?

Here are a couple of options to extract info from a .elf file:

avr-objdump -h -S proj.elf > proj.lss
avr-nm -n proj.elf > proj.sym