Re: [avr-gcc-list] stumped by my ATmega48 (again)

From: joe
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] stumped by my ATmega48 (again)
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 11:59:21 -0600

OK, I think I'm a schmuck.  I tested the output level with a DVM (it
was 0.0), and while I was at it, I tested all the other pins too.  I
noticed that the reset pin was at about 0.7 volts.  So I pulled out the
reset line (connecting it to the AVR ISP mkII), and presto!  The LED
lit right up (4.67 volts).

I vaguely remember encountering something like this before, but what
fooled me is that the other hex file, sent to me by the Oregon State
guy, doesn't seem to care whether the reset line is connected or not.
It works regardless.  But my program, compiled from the same source,
seems to work only when I disconnect the reset.  So I'm still a bit
puzzled... but very pleased that I'm able to get a simple program to
work anyway!

Can anyone explain how the reset line is supposed to work in relation
to the ISP?  What's the standard procedure for testing your code while
the ISP is still attached?

Thanks,
- Joe

--