Re: [avr-gcc-list] testsuite saga continues

From: Paulo Marques
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] testsuite saga continues
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 17:55:06 +0000

Hi, all

Wouter van Gulik wrote:
The exit through the "exit port" already shows the address. Its only the exit through "rjmp +0" that doesn't. I'll change that to make it consistent.

On exit you print CPU_C while in log you print CPU_C * 2. That's the difference, and CPU_C is not so useful. Having the "true" address makes referencing back into a .lss file easier.

Just a little note to let you know that the above change and other small cleanups have been committed to cvs.

From the changelog:

- give more information at program exit
- cleanup a lot of #ifdef's
- change the timeout from cycles to instructions, because the simulator runs slightly faster this way - add a barrier for the stack at 0x60, that makes avrtest abort with stack overflow when crossed

The next step will definitely be ELF loading support. With ELF loading, I can decode symbols like "__bss_end" to know where the stack overflows exactly or use "__stack" to know where the stack underflows. I can also do a more symbolic log, by decoding addresses to their symbol names.

--
Paulo Marques
Software Development Department - Grupo PIE, S.A.

"Deleted code is debugged code."
Jeff Sickel