[avr-gcc-list] Global Memory

From: John Wicking
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Global Memory
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:20:39 +1000

I am using a AT90USB1287 with code based on the HOST CDC.
I have been having a problem with the Watch dog timer.
It would get tripped but then the MCU ran but would not go back to the reset vector.

The build was reporting I had used 4671 Bytes of Data memory and this was 57%
I had a floating point array which had 600 members which was set up as a global.
I dropped the array size down to 150 entries and the program worked.
It failed at 300 entries.

It looks like there is a limit on global memory since I can set up an array in the main() of
450 entries and the Watch Dog runs fine.

If there is a limit, does anyone know how to adjust it.

Thanks

Regards

John Wicking