Re: [avr-gcc-list] OS X 4.2.2 -- simplest way today?

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] OS X 4.2.2 -- simplest way today?
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 22:26:51 -0500

On Apr 28, 2008, at 9:18 PM, Steve Franks wrote:

Dave,

You could steal the patches from FreeBSD's ports collection - most
things that compile in a BSD variant are ready for OS X, no?  Now mind
you, I just looked in ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/ports and the
whole thing is one big .tar.gz file, covering some 20000 ports, but if
you have the guts to unzip the thing, you should find the patches in
..../devel/avr-gcc/distfiles, methinks.  Not much of a unix coder,
can't help more than that, but if you have time and initiative, it
might get you there.

This will get just the bare bones without downloading 18,000 "ports". I happen to use tcsh, so adjust setenv accordingly:

% mkdir FreeBSD-avr
% cd FreeBSD-avr
% setenv CVS_RSH ssh
% cvs -d address@hidden:/home/ncvs co avr-gcc avr- binutils avr-libc

Probably the first time you have opened an ssh connection to the above host so you'll need to approve the hostkey. Hostkeys are listed at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/anoncvs.html

If you don't mess with the above files then you could cd to each directory and do "cvs update" in the future to sync with any updates. Or checkout this way and cd to ports/devel before "cvs update"

% cvs -d address@hidden:/home/ncvs co ports/devel/ avr-gcc ports/devel/avr-binutils ports/devel/avr-libc

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden