RE: [avr-gcc-list] wrong code from avr-gcc 4.1.2?

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] wrong code from avr-gcc 4.1.2?
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 22:08:48 -0600

Definitely, NOT stock FSF 4.3.0. The stock FSF 4.3.0 is broken for the
AVR port (bad code generation), unless you have patches to fix it. 4.1.x
or 4.2.x would be more conservative. IIRC, there are patches that I used
to fix various bugs. A number of those patches have been committed but
only on HEAD. Probably the most important thing is that you have bug-fix
patches for the relative version that you're using. Both Andy Hutchinson
and Anatoly Sokolov have been very active recently in getting a number
of outstanding bugs fixed, so ideally you would want to use HEAD. ;-)
But I undertand that it's very impractical. That's my 2 cents anyway.