Re: [avr-gcc-list] RE: 16 bit Timer Issue

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] RE: 16 bit Timer Issue
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 17:14:58 -0600

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 11:50:53PM +0100, Stefan Wimmer wrote:
> "prabu" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >My intention is I have to generate  1 sec periodic delay.
> >
> >AT every one sec the portc PC6 will be toggled ......
>
> ...but not with this line:
>
>  PORTC  = ~(1<<PC6);
>
> But as Eric already mentionend: this is a mailinglist about AVR-GCC.
> You should ask at AVRfreaks or the AVR-chat ML at yahoogroups.

On a note half way between here and there, the above is a good example
of what one could do with a commented disassembly. Is not perfect but
the avr tools can disassemble and comment an object file as a target in
the Makefile. Often all that is needed is a glance at that file's
contents to realize the code is not going to do what one expected.

Also good for tuning one's C coding style for maximum avr-gcc
performance.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden