Re: [avr-gcc-list] address@hidden ... what is it for ?!

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] address@hidden ... what is it for ?!
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 13:40:11 -0600

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 08:06:03PM +0100, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 07:20:54PM +0100, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
>
> >LDFLAGS= -Wl,-Map,address@hidden -Wl,--section-start=.eeprom=00810001
>
> This is the offending line. The original probably had something
> containing "@" as the name of the map file, which the web archive
> misinterpreted as an email address and obfuscated it. Just replace it
> with a name of your liking.

Vincent, as the original author of your Makefile that line is supposed
to be:

LDFLAGS= -Wl,-Map,$(PRG).map -Wl,--section-start=.eeprom=00810001

Hmm, I don't remember where PRG gets defined.

Notice the starting address of eeprom is 1 byte above the physical
address of start of eeprom because there was some rumor stating some
models of AVR would accidentally trash the first byte under some
circumstances. Perhaps when the rest of the device was wiped for a code
reload or something? Anyway, it was cheaper to do without the first byte
than to worry about it.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden