Re: [avr-gcc-list] Tiny88 C++ code optimized out of existence?

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Tiny88 C++ code optimized out of existence?
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:12:47 -0500

>>   for(;;)
>>     {
>>       uint8_t byte_u8 = LED2H; // Start LED
>
> You're initializing the variable inside the loop.

I knew I was overlooking the obvious.  Thanks.

Still not sure why I was getting the warning about byte_u8
not being used, when it was not in the loop, which
is how it got in there in the first place, trying to figure
out where the warning was coming from.

I deleted the .dep directory and OBJs then recompiled, and it went
away.