Re: [avr-gcc-list] Meshnetics module question

From: Steve Franks
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Meshnetics module question
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 13:33:49 -0700

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Hugo Solis <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Atmel just released a new version of the OpenMac Stack. I want to program a
> Meshnetics module and since I failed trying to compile the Meshnetics
> distribution -that by the way has not been updated for a long time- I think
> it could be better to try the new atmel distribution.
>
> I  would like to know if anybody has worked with this version or has
> suggetions and experiences with using the atmel openmac stack on the
> Meshnetics module. On the AVRFreak portal some people has mention the
> requirments of chanching the pins. Any other stuff I should be aware.
>
> Thank for any hint or suggestion
> Cheers
>
> Hugo

Hugo,

I think this is a question for the avr-chat-list, by the way.

I tried this a while back.  I got everything to compile, but no output
on TX, and Atmel's apps people (RF apps, not Eric & company - they are
excellent) decided to put me off, so I put the thing in the historical
file.  Been a big fan of Chipcon CC2420 + ARM7 myself, although that's
not the sleep-for-a-year current draw you might be looking for - I've
got several CC2420 + AtMega162 designs cranking along fine too.
You'll get stuck with doing your own FCC/EC testing if you go that
route, however.  Also, you might want to watch out if you're not
programming over jtag - I have no hard data, but having the SPI lines
on an Atmega168 connected to the CC2420 and AVRISP2 fried several
CC2420's before I put 1k resistors in-line with the CC2420...

That's what I know.

Best,
Steve