Re: [avr-gcc-list] A couple GCC warnings I would like to understand / ge

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] A couple GCC warnings I would like to understand / get rid of...
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 22:29:26 +0100

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:17:07 -0700
"larry barello" <address@hidden> wrote:

> the compiler is complaining because you have an extra or a missing "const"
> in your structure definitions.  There is a mismatch between your flash
> declaration and the type of pointer within your struct.  Probably adding a
> const keyword to the pointer within your struct and removing the const in
> your declaration will fix the problems.

Hi Larry,

I tried your suggestion (also suggested to me off-list), but no change
sadly. I am really at a loss here ! :-/
So in despair, I attached a cut-down, single file ( < 60 lines),
compileable piece of code that reproduces the problem. Make file comes
with it. I can't offer a beer for real via e-mail of course, however I
am more than willing to send 2 or 3 Euros (via Paypal) to whoever picks
his brain on it and can compile it without getting the warnings below,
so he can go buy himself a real beer ! :-)

menu.c:35: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
menu.c:36: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
menu.c: In function ‘menu_run’:
menu.c:44: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type
menu.c:47: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
menu.c:48: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

Thanks in advance to all the participants !.....

--
Vince, getting desperate indeed