Re: [avr-gcc-list] Where report ICE in WinAVR?

From: Georg-Johann Lay
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Where report ICE in WinAVR?
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 21:00:07 +0100

Weddington, Eric schrieb:

-----Original Message-----
Hi, I just stumbled over this ICE in WinAVR 20081205:

> internal compiler error: in propagate_rtx, at fwprop.c:469

So where shall I send the bug to?

For an internal compiler error you can report it in either place: the GCC bug
database, or the WinAVR bug database (at the WinAVR project on SourceForge). If
you report it on the GCC bug database, please put my email address on the CC
list of the bug.

BTW, that sounds vaguely familiar. What versions are you using?

It's gcc 4.3.2 aka WinAVR-20081205.

I think it's not specific to the Win32 distributon.

As far as I can see it's triggered by -fforward-propagate and a
register asm ("") within a loop.

Thanks,

Georg-Johann