Re: [avr-gcc-list] __DATE__ constant, any way to format it differently

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] __DATE__ constant, any way to format it differently ?
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 22:10:15 +0100

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:59:17 -0800
Steven Michalske <address@hidden> wrote:

> one suggestion,  this doesn't  check if the files were modified from
> the svn revision.
> if you only compile code that is checked in this is fine,  if you have
> changes in the working copy this poses problems.

Oops, didn't think of that, indeed that will pose me a problem, as I
compile first and then only commit. So I would always display not the
current state of the program, but the previous commit !

Oh well, this is all getting more trouble than I find it worth, I am
giving up. The __DATE__ from GCC is enough. This is just a hobby project
with one commit per day in average, so using the compile date, I can
easily match it to the svn logs to figure out the revision number.

Thanks all for participating.

--
Vince