[avr-gcc-list] Can avr-gdb + avarice work perfectly ?

From: Lin Nan
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Can avr-gdb + avarice work perfectly ?
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 22:09:27 +0800

Hello, everyone.

I have been working on a project for AVR ATmega128 for quite a long time
and I found it hard to debug programs with avr-gdb and avarice. For
example, I can not use command 'n' to step over a line of code, since
avr-gdb always step into it.

There are other problems too and it is even impossible for me to do some
real debugging. So, for times I have to use AVR Studio4 in Windows
instead of using avr-gdb in Linux.

I am using a AVR JTAGICE mkI to debug the device which is a little old.

I don't know where my problem is from.