Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-ld on Windows crashes with -relax

From: Jim Brain
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-ld on Windows crashes with -relax
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 23:39:20 -0600

Jim Brain wrote:
Weddington, Eric wrote:
That's weird. Looking in the ld user manual I see that -O only matters to ld if the value is non-zero. So there's no point in doing -O9. Plus if you have your optimization flag that you are using for the compile command line, just use the same flag on the link command line. Also -relax is not listed in the ld user manual, it should be --relax, with two dashes.

If the problem still exists after changing those (and I think it probably will be), then the problem is not necessarily in your makefile, but something in your application that is triggering it. Does ld provide any kind of error output when it "dies"? If so, can you post it?
I can;t find any type of output, as all I get is "ld.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close..." Windows dialog box. I looked at the options to ld, but did not see one to generate more information.

Jim

Sorry. I forgot to not that I tried the two suggestions, and the problem persists.

--
Jim Brain, Brain Innovations                                      (X)
address@hidden Dabbling in WWW, Embedded Systems, Old CBM computers, and Good Times! Home: http://www.jbrain.com