Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: build srecord under mingw

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: build srecord under mingw
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:59:06 -0400

> using the -mno-cygwin

Note that no-cygwin has been removed in current Cygwin installs.  It tells
you to use MingW when you try to use no-cygwin.

> that I need, specifically fletcher checksums.

There was a long debate about the validity of Fletcher's method
in the Dr. Dobbs letter section years ago.  Any reason you prefer it;
I'm guessing speed?

> P/S: the boost stuff seems pretty huge

It is 184 megs of source code.  Takes well over 1G when it is all built.

> There is another thread on this list about srecord and boost. I'm working
> with Bob >Paddock to see if we can do this via MinGW. It holds some promise.
> :-)

It is *still* compiling.  Glad it only has to be done once per release.
This is not a slow machine either...